Welcome to District Pishin
Capt (R) Jameel Ahmed
Message from Deputy Commissioner Pishin
It gives me an immense pleasure to welcome you to the official website of the District Pishin. District Pishin is located on strategic point and is 45KMs from the provincial Head Quarter. Pishin was bi-furcated in 1975 from Quetta District. In addition, Qilla Abdullah was bi-furcated from Pishin District in 1993.
This online resource embodies the information not only about the policies, objectives, functions, human resources, financial resources, projects and the services delivered by the District Administration but also general introduction about the brief district history, geography, people, fauna &flora etc. It opens a window for the citizens through which they can have access to certain information about the District Pishin. The website enables us to enhance our internal efficiency and effectiveness as well as public service delivery and improves the ability to monitor the performance of the government functionaries. It allows having information to make timely decisions and affective planning. It further provides an opportunity to download the required information without any inconvenience of visiting government offices, saving valuable time and money.
Our Team Members
Brief About District Pishin
Pishin became a separate District in 1975
In 1993 Pishin was bifurcated into two districts, namely Pishin and Killa Abdullah
66 km border with Afghanistan and with five other Districts
Major casts include Kakar, Tareen, Syed and Achackzai.
Source of livelihood is agriculture which is 55% , where 45% other businesses.
Local Government Setup
There are 67 Union Councils in the District and These Municipal Committee including MC Saranan, MC Huramzai and MC Khanozai and there is one Municipal Corporation of 34 wards in Tehsil Pishin.
Total population of District Pishin is 736,903 as per population 2017 and the total area is 6218 Square KM per 2017 census report. There are 4 Sub Divisions and 7 Tehsils in the District.
Area (Square KM)
· Barshore Sub-Division
· Karazat Sub-Division
· Pishin Sub-Division
· Huramzai Sub-Division
Deputy Commissioner Pishin
- Additional Deputy Commissioner (R)
- Additional Deputy Commissioner (G)
Assistant Commissioner Pishin
- Assistant Commissioner (Pishin)
- Assistant Commissioner (Saranan)
- Assistant Commissioner (Huramzai)
- Assistant Commissioner (Karazat)
- Assistant Commissioner (Barshore)
Tehsils /Sub-Tehsil: 07
Patwar Circles: 18
Current Revenue Record is based on 1967-68 Settlement
Settlement operations are on-going in Neeli, Bostan, Sharan and Khanozai by the Settlement Officer Quetta
Total Revenue Generation: 1.1 Million (June 2022-December 2022)
- DHQ Hospital 01
- THQ Hospitals (Khanozai & Barshor) 02
- RHCs 09
- BHUs 38
- Civil Dispensary 12
- MCH Center 04
- EPI centers 23
As per the EMIS record, there are 1040 schools in the District
- Total enrolled students are 53414 (EMIS 2021-22)
- Total Human Resource are 3578
- Literacy rate of the District 56% with 74% male and 32% female (PSLM)
Achievement & Progress
- Since March 2022, 865 schools have been visited by the Real Time School Monitoring (RTSM) Teams.
- During these visits, 147 nonfunctional and 123 temporary closed schools were reported.
- 441 absent teachers including 156 chronic absent teachers were identified.
- 158 shelter less schools were reported.
- Considering the last year RTSM findings, 267 chronic teachers list was shared with Secretary Secondary Education for suspension and inquiry.
- Rs. 6.5 Million were deducted from the absent staff reported by RTSM.
Sardar Bahadur Khan Women’s University sub Campus Pishin
SBKWU Pishin offers Degree Programs in Sciences and Arts and many more programs
University of Balochistan Law College Sub Campus Pishin
Ø DESCRIPTION/INTRODUCTION OF THE DIRECTORATE:
Fruit Experimental Station Pishin was established during the year 1987 and it was upgraded to Directorate of Viticulture Pishin in July 2010. Fruit Experimental Station of this Directorate is on 25 Acre, whereas, 10 Acre have been brought under cultivation. Fruit Experimental Station is situated on land belongs to Pakistan Army on lease basis. One tube well is functional for irrigation purpose. This Directorate has introduced different exotic grape varieties in the area, and also collected local and imported varieties from the progressive growers of the area.
Directorate of Agriculture Research Viticulture Pishin develops the research plan to introduce new grape cultivars and innovative technologies. All such important information are shared among agriculture research scientists and also disseminated to grape growers via field days; seminars & meetings arranged at Fruit Experimental Station & at farmer’s orchard. Information related to grapes orchard management activities including laying out, planting methods, training & pruning, fertilizer application, thinning and post-harvest techniques are also disseminated among growers of the area.
DETAIL OF PROPERTY
02 Tractors along with
Shade/Greenhouses 4 Nos.
with all accessories
Tube well accessories
(Delivery Pipe, Cable wire,
Plants (Fruit & Wind Break Trees)
Electricity towers 11000kv
Tube well Rooms 2 Nos.
01 Tube well
New office Building (04 rooms and one
Old office building (two rooms)
Ø SANCTION STRENGTH
Tube well Operator
There is no any running scheme under this Directorate.
Digital census 2023 servey has been successfully completed in all Tehsils of District Pishin.
DC Office Contact No.
PTCL No. (0826)420200
SPRING TREE PLANTATION CAMPAIGN 2023
Deputy Commissioner Pishin inagurated a spring tree plantation campaign at the Office of the Divisional Forest Officer Pishin. The targets of District Pishin are as follows:
1. BRSP 3000
2. Boy Scouts 5000
3. Plantation target 1000
4. Distribution target 5,000
5. Block plantation 7,500
6. High value 10,000
7. Shelter belt 50,000
8. Wood lots 6000
9. Arm forces 5000
10. Other institutions 10,000
11. Education institutions 10,000
Today Targets Achieved
1. Distribution 4,000
2. Plantation at yaru Roadside 1000
3. High value 4,000
4. Cluster 5,000
5. BRSP 1500
Total target achieved 15,500
|CONTACT LIST OF ALL LINE DEPARTMENT DISTRICT PISHIN|
|1||Education Department||DEO Male||0826-420280|
|2||Education Department||DEO Female|
|3||C&W Department||XEN Road|
|4||C&W Department||Xen Building|
|11||Health Office||M.S DHQ||0826-420514|
|14||Local Govt||ASS Director|
|15||Social Welfare||Assistant Director||920510|
|16||Treasury Office||Account Off||0826-420532|
|18||Public Relation Office||Ass.Dir||0826-421255|
|20||Live Stock||Dep Director||920526|
|21||Live Stock||Vet Officer|
|24||Soil Fertility||Dep director|
|27||MMD Agri||Agri Engineer|
|28||Extension Agriculture||Dep Director||0826-420508|
|29||Pishin||Chief Adm /Off|
|33||Sports||Dist Sport Officer|
|34||Excise and taxation||Director||0826-420520|
|35||Gas Office||Zonal In charge||0826-421232|
|37||District I.T Office||District I.T Officer||0826-420912|
|38||Food Department||Ass Director|
|39||Envoirmental protection||Ass Director|
|41||NADRA Office||Ass Dir||920531|
|43||Degree Colg Pishin||Principal|
|44||Grls Degree College Pishin||Principal|
|45||Passport Office||Ass Director|
|46||Election Commission||Chief Elec Commissioner|
|47||SBK University Pishin||Director|
|49||Session Court Pishin||Superintendent||0826-440011|
|53||Cadet college Pishin||P.S Prin cadet colg||0826-421253|
|56||Trade union/Anjuman Tajran|
|57||DC House: 0826421311||DC Pishin||0826-420200|
|65||Naib Tehsildar Barshore|
|66||Naib Tehsildar Bostan|
|67||Naib Tehsildar Khanozai|
|68||Tehsildar Nana Sahb|
|69||DC office||Sup Adm Branch||0826-420110|
|70||DC Office||Sup Rev Branch|
|72||Dc Office||Sup Levies Branch||0826-420373|
|73||Dc office||Asst Arms Branch|
Livestock pishin information will soon upload
Muncipal Committee, Saranan (MCS)
Chief Officer: Asmatullah Nasar
Chairman: Maulana Sayed Hafeezullah Agha
- Established in 2010-11, MCS caters to Killi Shadezai on the border of Killa Abdullah down to Killi Hekalzai bordering Pishin City
- It consists of wards upwards of 20 that span a population of more than 70,000 people
- The main villages of MCS are Shadezai, Monzai, Sulemanzai, Batezai, Khudaidadzai, Hekalzai etc.
- The current Council of elected representatives came in power in January 2023 comprising 19 councilors having its own Chairman, Deputy Chairman etc.
- It is going to be sitting for 04 years and is entrusted with making legislations, fixing prices, and maintaining law and order etc.
Core Municipal Services
- Cleaning, de-clogging, and de-silting of drains.
- Issuing death, Birth, and marriage certificates.
- Beautifying the town and wiping out stray dogs.
- Repairing street lights.
- Carrying out antimalaria fumigation
- Empowered by the B’tan Local Govt. Act, 2010,a local council/administrator can make laws and implement them
- Reference: Article 143-144 of the said Act
- Impose taxes on shops in the form of trade licenses,
- Issue NOCs to new constructions, land development etc.
- Reference: Building Codes and Town Planning, 2022
- Look after the law and order situation of the area constituting a council
- Determine and control prices
- Undertake anti-encroachment drives
- No immovable assets in the form of shops, land, phattas etc.
- 02 tractors (one trolley, one loader)
- 03 mini dumpers
- 01 fire brigade
- & fumigation machine
- MC Saranan bazar is still in the developing phase; hence, this is the best time to formulate a “Master Plan” for the town otherwise it’ll become an unorganized city like the rest of the province.
- There are many brick kilns and factories which, if taxed with the help of district administration, can yield a large amount of revenue for the Municipal Committee
- Saranan bazar has enough unoccupied land for a public park, slaughterhouse, library, and parking only if acquired from the tribes and developed properly
Areas of Concern
- Zero taxes, fees, levies, cess etc. paid on the part of public to the Municipal Committee
- Not a single inch of land owned by the Municipal Committee and, thus, no municipal constructions for public recreation/use
- Limited and out-of-order machinery at the disposal of Municipal Committee to clear out the area during routine rains, floods, snow, or other intense natural calamities
- Municipal Committe, Saranan
Office of the Chief Officer
- Assistant Engineer (B-17)
- Assistant (B-16)
- Senior Clerk (B-14)
- Junior Clerk (B-11)
- Sweepers, Fire Brigade Staff, Naib Qasids, Security Staff, Computer Operator, Pesh-e-Imam
- Chairman, Deputy Chairman, Opposition Leader, and other councilors
- Zero development schemes going on at the moment because the provincial government of Balochistan has not released funds to local councils since 2018-19
- Lack of development funds and the public’s aversion to the payment of taxes, MC Saranan has remained greatly underdeveloped and ignored
- Municipal committee, Saranan, is truly punching above its weight by providing all the services to the masses in its unbelievably scarce financial resources.
- With adequate and consistent funding and a functional taxation regime, the Committee will be able to take care of the whole area with more efficiency and ease.
RURAL COMMUNITY CENTRE SOCIAL WELFARE DEPARTMENT,PISHIN
PRAY O MY LORD:
Let my entry be by the gate of truth and honour and likewise my exit by the gate of truth and honour and grant from thy presence an authority to aid(me) to achieve my goals
Vision of Community Development Centre:
To provide quality social services and enable the communities to meet their own challenges
Mission statement of Rural Community Centre, Pishin:
The establishment of Rural Community Centre under the umbrella of Social Welfare department is to create and implement comprehensive social welfare programmers to improve the living conditions and empower the disadvantage groups i.e.women,children,youths,elder citizens, people with disabilities, families in crises and communities in need.
Deputy Director (B-18)
Social Welfare Officer (B-17)
Assistant Social Welfare Officer (B-16)
Social Worker (B-08)
Other sub-ordinate offices of District Pishin:
Rural Community Centre,Khanozai.
Officer: Assistant Social Welfare Officer
(BP-16) (Dilawar Khan) attached at the
office Director, Social Welfare, Quetta Division.
Other supporting staff —— Nil
Assets of office ——- Nil
Other sub-ordinate offices of District Pishin:
2. Medical Services Office, District
1. Officer—- Nil (seven months before the Officer went on retirement)
2. Other supporting staff—— Nil
3. Assets—- Nil
Other sub-ordinate offices of District Pishin
3.Social Welfare Officer ,Community Development Centre:
Assistant Social Welfare Officer
i. At Killi Muchan, established a women vocational Centre which is providing knitting, cutting
services to the said respective Union Council. There are (20) females undergoing the training.
ii. In order to incline the youth towards positive, healthy and constructive activities, a Youth Club is established where more than (80) youths are being provided services of Juddo Boxing
Hold monthly meetings of Medical Board regarding provision of Disability
Certificates to persons with disability:
ii) Referral cases of deserving and poor patients to Balochistan Awami Endowment Fund.
iii) Facilitation to poor deserving patients for Istehqaq Certificate from local
iv) Conduction of lectures on menace of drugs in schools and communities.
v) Organize debate contests on drugs and other social issues.
vi) Motivation to drug addicts for treatment and refer them further to Quetta ,Detoxification & Rehabilitation Complex.
District Pishin, Map
DC Office Pishin: